Ms. Stone is the Upper Grades Academy counselor. Marissa Herring (Class of 2012) interviewed her, and Ms. Stone answered some questions for us:
1. What advice can you give seniors who have gotten into more than one school, and have to make a choice between them?
Ms. Stone stated that seniors need to look at the cost of the school. Students should ask themselves: Is it affordable? How much grant money and scholarships will I receive?
She also said that seniors need to look at the location of the school: Is it local, or far away? Where do I want to be?
Lastly, Ms. Stone said that class size will impact how well students will be able to learn. Students should ask: Are the class sizes big or small? What do I think I will need to be succesful?
2. What three recommendations can you give the seniors choosing colleges right now?
- Seniors should make sure that the major that they are interested is at the school
- Seniors should consider the cost of tuition.
- Seniors should consider the location of the institution.
Article by Ashlyn Bolger, UCHS Jaguars Class of 2014